Good Game League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

GGL | WC3L Playoffs

GGL|shiKaka
    Admin

SwaG Points : 5806

GGL | WC3L Playoffs Empty GGL | WC3L Playoffs

Post by GGL|shiKaka Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

Well season one is over!
    (ended pretty rough, but i'll take the blame)
    A lot of things will be changing for season, and i mean A LOT of things.
    Let's introduce the playoffs!!

The playoffs will consist the top 8 teams from the season.

#1 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 303172 Firestalker [Fs] | 7:1 | 55pts
    #2 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 600871 Clan OwNu [o_O] | 6:1 | 45pts
    #3 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 62224 EGiS Gaming [EGiS] | 6:1 | 39pts
    #4 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 494892 no Excuses [nE] | 6:2 | 54pts
    #5 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 420788 Latest and Greatest [LaG.TT] | 5:2 | 44pts
    #6 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 600871 n2o Gaming . us [n2o] | 4:2 | 39pts
    #7 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 52720 Riders of Storm [RoS] | 4:3 | 36pts
    #8 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 303172 DkH Multigaming e.V. [DkH] | 4:3 | 34pts

Seedings were based off first records, then points. Since not all teams finished their games it was a little skewed but i feel this was fair enough. There was also once case where the RPI (strength of schedule) was taken into play, which was the top 4.

RPI incident | though GGL | WC3L Playoffs 494892 nE had the second highest points in the standings and did win pretty convincingly, every team except the 2 they beat had losing records and weren't as good compared to the upper teams. The 2 good teams they played the lost 0-5 and 1-4. So this is an example where the RPI came into play. It is much like college football RPI where it is basically your strength of schedule.

Format | There is a newer format of play that i want to test out for next season. I'm pretty sure i will use it for next season so what the new format is, is this
    solo series | Player 1 vs Player 2 - Best of 3
    solo series | Player 3 vs Player 4 - Best of 3
    solo series | Players 5 & 6 vs Players 7 & 8 - Best of 3

-So just 3 series' to be played.
    -There will be NONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOO wilcards.
    -Each team is allowed 1 SUBCARD per round of playoffs.
    -No they do not stack, or roll over.

Maps |
    Solos:
    Echo Isles
    Turtle Rock
    2on2s:
    Goldshire

----------------------------------------------------

#1 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 303172 Firestalker [Fs] vs #8 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 303172 DkH Multigaming e.V. [DkH]
    -Schedule Here-
    #2 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 600871 Clan OwNu [o_O] vs #7 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 52720 Riders of Storm [RoS]
    -Schedule Here-
    #3 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 62224 EGiS Gaming [EGiS] vs #6 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 600871 n2o Gaming . us [n2o]
    -Schedule Here-
    #4 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 494892 no Excuses [nE] vs #5 | GGL | WC3L Playoffs 420788 Latest and Greatest [LaG.TT]
    -Schedule Here-

ANY LAST MINUTE TEAM ROSTER CHANGES NEED TO BE DONE BY JUNE 1ST @ 23:59 EST.
    These matches MUST BE PLAYED BY JUNE 5TH!!!
    These matches MUST BE SCHEDULED BY JUNE 2ND @ 23:59 EST.

Season awards will be given out round 2 of the play-offs.
    There will also be awards given for the play-offs:
    -Most Valuable Player
    -Most Clutch Player

And in the championship series:
    -Finals MVP

Player stats are updated, you can click the link in the left side, and top 5 on on the right side.
    Hope all will end smoothly i guarentee much better admin performance by me next season.

PLAY OFF MATCHES WILL BE STREAMED! IF YOU CAN HELP OUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

GGL Staff
    GGL|Meta
    Admin

SwaG Points : 4831

GGL | WC3L Playoffs Empty Re: GGL | WC3L Playoffs

Post by GGL|Meta Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:47 pm

GGL|shiKaka wrote:Format | There is a newer format of play that i want to test out for next season. I'm pretty sure i will use it for next season so what the new format is, is this
    solo series | Player 1 vs Player 2 - Best of 3
    solo series | Player 3 vs Player 4 - Best of 3
    solo series | Players 5 & 6 vs Players 7 & 8 - Best of 3

-So just 3 series' to be played.
    -There will be NONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOO wilcards.
    -Each team is allowed 1 SUBCARD per round of playoffs.
    -No they do not stack, or roll over.

GGL|shiKaka wrote:Hi, I have changed the format of the league to more correctly fit my team's needs. I will make up this silly excuse to make it seem like I'm not biased, but anyone who played leagues two or more years ago know I've always allowed or did anything so that my team would win.
    [sic]
    GGL|shiKaka
    Admin

Post by GGL|shiKaka Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

GGL|Meta wrote:{enter excuse why i lost to russians here} & {enter complaints about league here} & {go afk for war3 for extended period of time cause i'm emo here}

-Please look at battle reports, we produced more than enough players at every clan war. I'm done waiting for teams up to 4 weeks to finish stupid wildcard matches it's a waste of time. If i just disallow wildcards teams will bitch and series' wont get played it's pretty simple.
    -I understand that Clan OwNu's roster consists of all of USEast and USWest but that's not my problem to produce matches for you to play.
    -Every league we won i wasn't admin in except W3BLeague where we won fair and square. In fact all the season stat's are still up, you can take a look for yourself. Winning matches doesnt change. www.W3BLeague.co.nr

Any other complants?
    GGL|Meta
    Admin

SwaG Points : 4831

Post by GGL|Meta Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:01 am

My complaint is its never in good standing to change a leagues format until the entire season is through. The same teams might not have made playoffs in this format as in the other format. If you want to change it for next season, I'm fine with that, but during a current season is a huge gaffe. The only teams who had problems scheduling were the ones who had shaky management, for the teams with good management its not hard to schedule for 4 players. I haven't ever rage quit wc anyway. OwNu only has 6 active players up from 4 at the start of the season, but never had a problem scheduling this.
    This change in format completely changes the dynamic of a clanwar. Team with a weak overall team, but 1 really strong player have their chances of winning increased dramatically. It effectively doubles the effectiveness of one good player. And I never said the change was because you couldn't field a team. It's because your roster is top heavy in terms of skill. You don't "test" things in the playoffs. Thats why there are qualifiers.
    GGL|shiKaka
    Admin

Post by GGL|shiKaka Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 am

-Again like i said before we only actually lost 1 cw, and FF'ed one due to my fault. I don't get how our roster is too top heavy? We had different players win every week than previous weeks in our stats with the exception of bar who played 1 clan war.
    -It really had nothing to do with "our chances of winning". We played EGiS, our chances if ANYTHING dropped with this format. Knowing FoCuS would play and that our 2s team isn't as strong as theirs was a huge risk.
    -And why not test it out now? i never said i wanted to do it the whole playoffs.. in fact i was going to change it back after R1. Seemed logical to me to do before basing an entire season on it.
    -I dont understand how you could say people have a hard time scheduling? i already have one series trying to play on Monday AFTER THE DEADLINE.. when all the technically need is 2 players there. Between week 7 & 8 every team didn't play at least 1 clan war i think because it was too hard to get all their players there on certain days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 pm